- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (250 ml), I used soy milk
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (200 ml), melted
- 2 cups brown, cane or coconut sugar (360 g)
- 4 flax eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (80 g)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (120 g)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (180 g) + 2 tbsp for topping your brownies, (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Combine the milk, coconut oil, sugar, flax eggs, vanilla extract and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well mixed.
- Add the flour and cocoa powder and whisk again.
- Finally, add 1 cup of chocolate chips (180g) and whisk one more time.
- Line an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) square baking pan with some parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the top out evenly, and top with remaining chocolate chips (2 tbsp).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes. Then let it cool for another 10 minutes before slicing and serving, unless you like your brownies really hot. You can enjoy them hot or at room temperature, it’s up to you.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Nutritional info doesn’t include the chocolate chips.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie of 16
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.9 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 3 g