- 2 cups potatoes (360 g)
- 1 cup carrots (135 g)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets (250 g)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (500 ml)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (250 ml), we used soy milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (35 g)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Peel and chop the potatoes and carrots and steam (or boil) them for 20 minutes or until soft.
- In the meanwhile, steam (or boil) the broccoli florets for 5 to 10 minutes or until soft.
- When the veggies are cooked, add them to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Cook the soup in a large pot over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with your favorite ingredients (we added some baked croutons and chopped fresh parsley).
- Keep the vegan broccoli cheese soup in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Feel free to add other veggies, spices or herbs.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 704 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.4 g
- Fiber: 8.3 g
- Protein: 13.1 g