- 1 cup textured vegetable protein (80 g)
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water (250 ml), hot
- 1 and 1/4 cups brown rice flour (175 g)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (4 tbsp)
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs
- Add the textured vegetable protein and the hot vegetable stock or water to a large mixing bowl. Stir, cover and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to absorb.
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, nutritional yeast, sage, thyme, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and cayenne) in another large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (rehydrated textured vegetable protein, tamari or soy sauce, syrup and flax eggs) to the bowl you have the dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- Make 10-12 patties with your hands.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and cook the sausages until golden brown for both sides (about 3-4 minutes each side). If you don’t eat oil, just omit it. You can also cook the sausages in a griddler.
- Serve immediately. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1 sausage (of 12)
- Calories: 105
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 216 mg
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 6.2 g