I’m not a morning person and I’ve never enjoyed breakfast. My mother used to force me to eat before going to school when I was a kid and I did it when I grew up until I started to eat healthy.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day now, especially if I have a huge green smoothie, which is almost every single day. I start the day drinking water and after that I’m usually hungry, but if I’m not, I listen to my body and I don’t force me to eat, so I wait or eat some fresh fruit.
I used to be bloated when I woke up, but not any more! A healthy vegan diet is great for your body and I promise you’ll feel amazing.
Oatmeal is my second choice and I love it so much, although smoothies make me feel awesome, so I don’t make oatmeal very often. It tastes amazing, is ready in less than 15 or 20 minutes and sometimes I feel like I need something warm and comforting to start my day with more energy.
I’m so excited because this recipe works really well and tastes so good. I used quinoa instead of oats, so it’s perfect those of you who can’t eat oats, I hope you like it! ?
- I used almond milk, although I showed you how to cook quinoa in water (you have to omit the soy sauce to make this recipe). Add some milk when the quinoa is cooked for extra creaminess.
- Use your favorite plant milk! We have many recipes on the blog, just in case you prefer to make them at home. Homemade plant milks are delicious and healthier than store-bought and also cheaper.
- I added almond butter to make the quinoa even creamier, but you can use other nut butters, coconut oil or omit this ingredient.
- Add your favorite toppings: fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seeds, cocoa or carob powder, sweetener of your choice, etc.
Vegan Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
If you love oatmeal, but you can’t or don’t want to eat oats, you should give this vegan breakfast quinoa bowl a try. It’s so creamy and delicious!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1-2
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk(560 ml)
- 3/4 cups uncooked quinoa (130 g)
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 chopped persimmon
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 3 chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pour 2 cups of milk (500 ml) into a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring milk to a boil, add quinoa and reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until the milk has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, add 1/4 cup of milk (60 ml) and the almond butter. Stir and place the quinoa in a bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!