- 1 pound stale vegan bread of your choice, cut into cubes (450 g), I used spelt bread
- 3 cups unsweetened plant milk of your choice (750 ml), I used soy milk
- 3/4 cup brown, cane or coconut sugar (150 g)
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (4 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture all over the bread, stir and set aside for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Place the pudding mixture in a 9×9 inch (22×22 cm) baking dish and bake for 60 to 70 minutes or until the bread pudding is golden brown on the outside and cooked on the inside. Baking time may vary depending on your oven, my pudding was ready in 70 minutes. If the pudding is golden brown, but uncooked, cover with some aluminum foil and cook until is ready.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. You can also enjoy it cold (I actually think it’s better the next day). I added some brown sugar glaze on top, but it’s optional.
- Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 18.3 g
- Sodium: 276 mg
- Fat: 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.3 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 8.6 g