- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthways and cut deep cross-hatches into the flesh (see picture number 3).
- Place the eggplant onto a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until it’s soft.
- Scoop out the eggplant flesh and chop it using a knife and a cutting board.
- Add the vegan bolognese sauce and the eggplant flesh to a frying pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Ladle tomato sauce into a baking dish. Stuff eggplant with cooked bolognese and eggplant mixture and place in the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the vegan parmesan cheese and some chopped chives on top (optional). Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container for 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without the cheese and chives
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 512 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.9 g
- Fiber: 15.8 g
- Protein: 13.8 g