5-ingredient vegan bolognese-stuffed eggplant, a tasty, satiating side dish or entrée. It’s high in protein and fiber, but low in fat.
I’m so sorry I haven’t shared as many recipes as usual, but we’re leaving our apartment this week and moving to Asia next week, so we’re pretty busy and have lots of things to do.
I had’t made stuffed eggplant before and I’m amazed how easy this recipe is. Besides, it tastes like heaven and just requires 5 ingredients!
We’ve stuffed the eggplant with our vegan bolognese sauce and also used our homemade tomato sauce to make this dish even more tasty. We’ve also topped the stuffed eggplant with some vegan parmesan cheese and chopped chives, but it’s totally optional. Feel free to use store-bought vegan bolognese sauce, although homemade tastes better and is much healthier.
Alberto took some pictures of the process for you guys. Hope you give this recipe a try!
LOOKING FOR MORE ENTRÉE RECIPES?
- Vegan stuffed peppers
- Simple vegan meatloaf
- Vegan stuffed sweet potatoes
- Whole roasted cauliflower
- Vegan lasagna
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthways and cut deep cross-hatches into the flesh (see picture number 3).
- Place the eggplant onto a baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes or until it’s soft.
- Scoop out the eggplant flesh and chop it using a knife and a cutting board.
- Add the vegan bolognese sauce and the eggplant flesh to a frying pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Ladle tomato sauce into a baking dish. Stuff eggplant with cooked bolognese and eggplant mixture and place in the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the vegan parmesan cheese and some chopped chives on top (optional). Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container for 4 to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without the cheese and chives
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 14.7 g
- Sodium: 512 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.9 g
- Fiber: 15.8 g
- Protein: 13.8 g