I've realized this morning we haven't shared an oatmeal recipe on our Youtube channel yet and I make oatmeal very often, it's my favorite healthy breakfast along with smoothies and green juices, so we've just made an oatmeal recipe for you guys! It's a beautiful dish, but also so delicious, comforting, healthy and nutritious.
Feel free to add any fruits, nuts, seeds, sweetener or ingredients you like (I love superfoods and shredded coconut), the options are endless. I usually add some berries or banana to my oatmeal, but I love this recipe so much, blueberries and mango are so delicious together!
Vegan Blueberry Oatmeal
- ½ cups instant oats
- 1 and ½ cups plant milk of your choice. We used oat milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoon brown or coconut sugar
- Toppings: mango, pistachios, and toasted sliced almonds
- Place the oats, the milk and the blueberries in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Then cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the oats are cooked. Stir occasionally. You can add the blueberries later if you want.
- Remove from the heat, add the sugar and stir until well combined.
- Serve the oatmeal in a bowl and add your favorite toppings. We added toasted sliced almonds, mango and pistachios.
- The toppings are not included in the nutritional information.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below, or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook! Don’t forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel, thanks a lot!
Very tasty and I don’t usually like gluten free organic oats cooked. This is wonderful and I’ll add it to my list of vegan gluten free breakfast items.
Iosune Robles says
Hi Camille! That's amazing! I'm glad you liked it 🙂
Umesh thakkar says
Can i use date paste instead of brown suger.i am on whole food plant base diet.
Hi Umesh! Of course, it will be even healthier 🙂