- Toast the slices of bread in the oven or toaster (optional).
- To assemble the sandwich spread the vegan mayo on the toasted bread slices. Top one slice with tempeh bacon, tomato slices and lettuce leaves, add salt and black pepper to taste and top with the other slice of bread.
- Best when fresh, but it can be made ahead of time and lasts a few hours.
- Use store-bought bread (gluten-free if needed) or make our easy rye and spelt bread or our gluten-free bread.
- Feel free to use store-bought vegan mayo/bacon, although homemade is healthier, more affordable and tastes amazing.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich (with oil-free vegan mayo and tempeh bacon)
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 504 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 16.3 g