This vegan bircher muesli is a delicious, healthy, quick and easy breakfast recipe, but you can also have it as a snack or dessert.
It’s really easy to make a delicious, healthy and quick breakfast recipe! I’m not a morning person, so I’m totally into this kind of recipes. Smoothies and oatmeal are my favorite ones, but I’m totally obsessed with bircher muesli now.
I didn’t know it until I saw a picture on Pinterest and I’m so happy because this recipe is life-changing, seriously! Just in case you don’t know what bircher muesli is, I have to say it’s pretty similar to overnight oats (but it has a fancier name).
You just need to put your favorite ingredients in a mason jar or sealed container, keep it in the fridge overnight and you have an amazing, super healthy breakfast recipe, which is ready in less than 5 minutes. It’s also a great snack or dessert, although I prefer to have my bircher muesli for breakfast because it’s so satisfying.
You can see the bircher muesli after keeping it in the fridge overnight in the picture below and the muesli the next day in the rest of the pictures.
Feel free to add more or less milk, depending on how thick you like your muesli. Add more milk just before serving if it’s too dense for you.
If you like this vegan bircher muesli, check out these recipes: blueberry overnight oats, carrot cake overnight oats, apple pie baked oatmeal, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and simple vegan chocolate oatmeal.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 cup oats (100 g), gluten-free if needed
- 1 and 1/2 cups plant milk of your choice (375 ml), we used full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Sultana raisins
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Fresh raspberries and blueberries
- Mix all the ingredients in a jar or a sealed container (except the raspberries and the blueberries) until well combined.
- Keep in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with your favorite fruits. We added fresh raspberries and blueberries.
- If it’s too dry for you, you can add more milk just after serving.
- Store the bircher muesli in the fridge in a sealed container for 2 to 3 days.
- Add any fruit, nut, seed or sweetener you like.
- It’s also delicious with cocoa powder, jam or nut butter.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Sodium: 14.1 mg
- Fat: 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.6 g
- Fiber: 8.1 g
- Protein: 10.1 g