- 1 cup whole wheat flour (120 g)
- 2 tbsp brown, cane or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk of your choice (200 ml), I used unsweetened soy milk
- 1 flax egg
- 1 large ripe banana (1/2 cup or 120 g mashed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Oil for cooking the pancakes (optional)
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt).
- Add the liquid ingredients (milk, flax egg, mashed banana and vanilla extract) to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place 1/4 cup of the batter (65 ml) in a lightly greased hot pan or griddle and cook for about 2 minutes for each side or until golden brown. When the underside is golden and bubbles begin to appear on the surface, it’s time to flip over onto the other side. If you don’t eat oil, don’t grease the pan or griddle, just use a non-stick one.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings (I added some peanut butter, banana slices, cacao nibs and maple syrup) or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tbsp of oil and excluding the toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake (with no toppings)
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 39 mg
- Fat: 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3.1 g