I could have this sandwich every morning because it tastes like heaven! I also make it some days for lunch or even for dinner when I’m lazy and I want something delicious, quick and easy.
It’s ready in less than 10 minutes, especially if you don’t add the olives, so you don’t have to chop them and mix them with the cream cheese. You just need to toast the bagel and place all the ingredients on top, that’s all!
We’ve used our vegan cream cheese to make this recipe and we added olives for the first time, it was delicious! I also want to experiment with other ingredients like walnuts or roasted bell peppers, there are so many possible versions we can prepare!
You don’t have to use the same ingredients we did because I think bagels always taste good, just use your imagination and the food you already have in your kitchen. Hope you try this recipe, it’s the bomb!
- If you can’t find bagels, use any other type of bread instead.
- We used a jar of sun-dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, but you can also soak the sun-dried tomatoes in some warm water to make a lighter version. You can also omit the olives or use some tomato slices.
- Any fresh or dried herb can be used instead of the basil leaves.
- 2 bagels
- 8 pitted black olives
- 1/2 cup vegan cream cheese (100 g)
- 12 basil leaves
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes
- Toast split bagel halves until golden brown.
- Chop the olives and place them in a bowl with the cream cheese. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the cheese over the bottom halves of each bagel and add the basil leaves and the tomatoes.
- Top with remaining bagel halves to make sandwiches.
- Serving Size: 1 bagel
- Calories: 464
- Sugar: 10.3 g
- Sodium: 828.8 mg
- Fat: 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.3 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 14.6 g