- Coconut oil (optional)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 + 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp flour, I used brown rice flour
- 1/4 tbsp vegan caramel sauce (65 ml)
- 5–6 small flour tortillas, I used 5
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Heat 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a skillet and add the apples, 3 tbsp of brown sugar and 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon. Stir and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you don’t consume oil, just add water.
- Add the vanilla extract and flour, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegan caramel sauce, stir and remove from the heat.
- Grease an 8×8 inch (20×20 cm) baking pan with some coconut oil and set aside. If you don’t consume oil, omit this step and use a non-stick pan.
- Divide the apple filling among 5 tortillas and tightly roll up each tortilla (see picture). Place the taquitos seam-side down in the prepared baking pan.
- Brush the taquitos with some coconut oil (optional) and add some cinnamon sugar on top. To make the cinnamon sugar, add 1 tsp of brown sugar and 1/8 tsp of ground cinnamon to a blender and blend until you get a powdered texture. If you don’t want to use oil, just use some water.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and add more vegan caramel sauce on top (optional).
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat the taquitos or enjoy them cold.
- Nutritional info was calculated by using 4 tbsp of coconut oil and with no vegan caramel sauce on top.
- Recipe adapted from Laura in the Kitchen.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of the recipe
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 25.7 g
- Sodium: 276 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.9 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 2.8 g