- 2 apples
- The juice of half a lemon
- 4 tbsp agave syrup or coconut sugar
- 4 cups oat milk (1 liter)
- 1 piece of vanilla bean (about 2 cm or 1 inch)
- 1 or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 or 2 tsp of agar powder
- Place in a saucepan the peeled and chopped apples, lemon juice and agave syrup or coconut sugar (or any other sweetener you like). Cook at medium heat over 5 minutes.
- Add the oat milk, vanilla bean and cinnamon stick. Cook over high heat until the mixture starts to boil, then cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the agar powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
- When the natillas are ready, discard the cinnamon stick and the vanilla bean, blend and pour the mixture into 4 bowls. Let the natillas cool down at room temperature or in the fridge. If the consistency of the natillas is not smooth, you can blend again before serving.
Recipe adapted from the book Mis Recetas de Cocina Anticáncer by Odile Fernández.