Make this simple Mediterranean-style vegan appetizer platter with just 10 ingredients! It’s the perfect appetizer for parties or special occasions.
Appetizer platters are not a popular thing in my country, but I’ve always found them so beautiful and I was dying to make one for you guys, so here it is my recipe!
They’re usually made with some type of cheese, dips, veggies, fruits, breads, among other ingredients. I wanted to create a simple, plant-based version, full of colors and flavor and I’m so happy with the result.
Although I was born in the north of Spain, I’ve lived most of my live in the south, so Mediterranean food has a special place in my heart, that’s why I’ve made a Mediterranean-inspired platter.
It’s made from scratch, using 3 recipes you can find on the blog already: macadamia nut cheese, oil-free vegan yogurt sauce and hummus, but feel free to use store-bought instead if you want to save some time (any vegan cheese will do).
As you can see in the pictures, we used a wooden round platter, but any other will do, even one big or several medium or small regular dishes. Use what you have on hand!
looking for more appetizer recipes?
- Vegan pinwheels
- Baked zucchini fries
- Vegan stuffed avocados
- Buffalo cauliflower wings
- Low fat vegan garlic bread
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!Print
- 1 batch of macadamia nut cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150 g)
- 3/4 cup black grapes (140 g)
- 1/3 cup hummus (75 g)
- 1/3 cup oil-free vegan yogurt sauce (90 g)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g), chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives (40 g)
- 1-2 carrots, cut into sticks
- 1-2 whole wheat pita breads, cut into triangles
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- Place the hummus and yogurt sauce in small containers.
- Arrange all ingredients on a platter or board. We used a 12 inch or 30 cm diameter wooden round platter, but feel free to use what you have on hand. Depending on the size of your platter, you’ll need to add more or less ingredients.
- Serve immediately. Keep leftovers (separately) in sealed containers in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Feel free to use any type of bread (gluten-free if needed), crackers or rice cakes.
- If you consume oil, you could also make our vegan yogurt sauce (it’s made with oil instead of tahini).
- Use any veggies, fruits, nuts or ingredients you have on hand. Cooked veggies are also a good choice.
- Preparation time doesn’t include the time you need to make the macadamia nut cheese, hummus and yogurt sauce.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of the recipe
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 204 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 5.4 g