- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water (95 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews (100 g)
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain and rinse them, then blend them with the rest of the ingredients in a regular blender until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Remove germ from garlic or use garlic powder to make the aioli easier to digest.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used instead of the lemon juice.
- Add more or less water depending on how thick you like your aioli.
- Try the aioli and add more salt or garlic if needed and blend again.
- Omit the garlic clove to make a delicious oil-free mayo.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp aioli
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 29.9 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.1 g