- 1 cup romaine lettuce (50 g), chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (140 g)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (150 g), chopped
- 1 batch of tempeh bacon (or eggplant bacon), sliced
- 1 red or white onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup peas (140 g)
For the dressing:
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews (150 g), soaked for at least 20 minutes in hot water
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- We served our salad in 2 25 oz jars, but feel free to use a larger jar, a serving dish or a bowl, it’s up to you.
- If you use canned corn kernels and peas, drain and rinse them. If you use them frozen, cook according to package directions.
- To assemble the salad, add lettuce to the jar/serving dish/bowl. Then top with corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, tempeh bacon, onion, carrots and peas.
- To make the dressing, add the cashews (drained) to a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Top the salad with the dressing and some chopped chives (optional). Serve immediately or refrigerate covered for a couple of hours.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for 3 to 4 days (dressing separate from salad).
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 178 mg
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 8.7 g