A simple tomato avocado salad, made in less than 10 minutes with just 4 ingredients and our oil-free tahini salad dressing.
We make salads all the time, all year long. We love them very much, so we've actually posted more than 30 salad recipes on the blog. They're so healthy, refreshing and the perfect meal if you're in a hurry. Besides, there are so many, you can't get bored!
This one is so simple, but incredibly tasty. It's made with just 4 ingredients: corn kernels, tomatoes, avocados and red onion. We also added our go-to salad dressing, which is our favorite one, we use it all the time! A basic vinaigrette made with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper also works great, and any other salad dressing will do.
It's so nutritious and the perfect side or lunch recipe, especially during the summer. If you prefer a lighter or even simpler salad, omit the corn kernels. Don't be afraid of omitting or adding any ingredients you desire, depending on what you have in your kitchen or what you crave every time you make this salad.
looking for more salad recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Tomato Avocado Salad (Oil-Free)
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen or canned
- 4 salad tomatoes
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 red onion
- Tahini salad dressing, see notes
- If you use frozen corn kernels, cook them according to package directions and then drain them. If you use canned corn kernels, drain and wash them. Set aside.
- Chop the tomatoes, avocados and red onion.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl (corn, tomatoes, avocados, red onion and tahini salad dressing) until well combined. Serve immediately.
- Best when fresh, keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days (dressing separate from the salad).
- We used 1 batch of our tahini salad dressing, but feel free to add more or less. If you consume oil, you could also add a simple vinaigrette, made with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice or vinegar, salt and pepper, or any other dressing you like.
- Any type of onions is okay.
- Feel free to add any vegetables, spices, fresh or dried herbs, jalapeños or any ingredient you want.
Kelly Jurkowski says
Wonderful and so simple!
Iosune Robles says
I'm so glad you liked it!
One of the easiest and healthiest salad to make.
Hi Ahaan! Thanks a lot 🙂 Have a nice day!
I just made this recipe and it is delicious!!
Hi Stephanie! Thanks a lot 🙂 So glad you enjoyed it!