for the tofu stir fry:
- 14 oz firm tofu (400 g), drained and cubed
- 1 cup of broccoli (100 g), chopped
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger root (about 2.5 cm)
for the sauce:
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock or water (190 ml)
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp cane, brown or coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp cayenne flakes (optional)
- Cook the tofu cubes in a skillet with a little bit of oil (optional), over medium-high heat until all the sides are golden brown. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the veggies and sautée them over high heat with a little bit of oil (optional) for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. If you don’t eat oil, just use a little bit of vegetable stock or water.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl until well combined, and set aside.
- Add the tofu and the sauce to the skillet, stir and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Try the stir fry and add some salt if needed. Serve immediately (I added some sesame seeds on top) or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 1144 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 11.3 g