- 8 dried tomatoes
- 7 ounces firm tofu (200 g)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Sea salt or Kala Namak salt to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 12 green asparagus
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes or until they’re soft.
- Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat some water in a frying pan. Add the tofu, turmeric powder and black pepper and stir.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the tofu is cooked.
- Boil the asparagus al dente (cooked, but not too soft) for about 5 minutes. I usually cut off and discard the bottom inch (about 2 cm) or so of the thick fibrous stem.
- Place the tofu scramble onto the slices of bread. Add the salt, asparagus and the dried tomatoes (chopped) on top.
- Feel free to add more black pepper or salt if you want.