I'm trying to get up early since a few months ago because I'm more productive and I feel the day is longer if I do. Although I'm not a morning person, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day.
It's not usual to have a big breakfast in Spain, but I've always loved scrambles because I used to prefer savory things in the morning. This recipe is much healthier than the scrambles I used to make when I wasn't vegan and although is not ready in 5 minutes, it's totally worth it because tastes like heaven.
I discovered Kala Namak salt (also know as black salt) when I went vegan, and it's amazing because tastes like real eggs! I had to use regular sea salt this time because it was what I had. I used to cook my scrambles using oil, but I make them with water now because they're healthier and also taste so good.
You need to try this recipe guys!
- Use chopped cherry tomatoes if you prefer to make a quick version of this recipe. You can also add some raw veggies instead of the cooked asparagus. Avocado is a great choice.
- The turmeric powder is optional. Don't add too much or the scramble will have a strong flavor.
- We didn't toast the bread, but you can do it if you want.
- This tofu scramble is also delicious without the bread, although you should add more tofu and veggies.
Tofu Scramble Toasts
These tofu scramble toasts are perfect to start your day enjoying something delicious, savory and nutritious. This scramble recipe tastes like real eggs!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- 8 dried tomatoes
- 7 ounces firm tofu (200 g)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Sea salt or Kala Namak salt to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 12 green asparagus
- Soak the tomatoes in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes or until they're soft.
- Chop the tofu and use a fork to crumble it into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat some water in a frying pan. Add the tofu, turmeric powder and black pepper and stir.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the tofu is cooked.
- Boil the asparagus al dente (cooked, but not too soft) for about 5 minutes. I usually cut off and discard the bottom inch (about 2 cm) or so of the thick fibrous stem.
- Place the tofu scramble onto the slices of bread. Add the salt, asparagus and the dried tomatoes (chopped) on top.
- Feel free to add more black pepper or salt if you want.
Keywords: Tofu Scramble Toasts, Tofu Toasts, Vegan Toasts
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!