- 1 large English cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cane, coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp oil, we used coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Cayenne powder to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Slice the cucumber, julienne the red onion and add them to a mixing bowl.
- To make the salad dressing, just mix all the ingredients in a small bowl until well combined (lemon juice, sugar, oil, salt and cayenne powder).
- Pour dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine. Then top with the chopped peanuts and serve immediately.
- Best with fresh, keep the veggies and salad dressing separately, in sealed containers in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- Feel free to use any sweetener or oil you have on hand.
- Vinegar can be used instead of the lemon juice and you can also replace the peanuts by any other nut or seed.
- If you don’t consume oil, mix 2 tsp of tahini with 1 tsp of water until well combined and use it instead of the oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Sodium: 450 mg
- Fat: 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.2 g
- Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 3.7 g