- 1.5 pounds peeled and chopped sweet potatoes (650 g)
- 14 oz canned or cooked cannellini beans (400 g)
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup grounded flax seeds (160 g)*
- 1½ cup nutritional yeast (90 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Steam the sweet potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes or until are soft. You can also bake or boil them.
- Place the steamed sweet potatoes in a big mixing bowl and mash with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add the beans and mash again.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Make the patties with your hands and cook them for both sides in a frying pan with some oil (we used extra virgin olive oil).
- Place the patties onto a baking sheet and bake them for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- We served the burgers with some rye bread, lettuce, tomato slices, avocado and red onion.
* We ground the flax seeds in a powerful blender.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of the recipe (only the patty)
- Calories: 344
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 137.6 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.3 g
- Fiber: 18.9 g
- Protein: 27.8 g