- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (450 g), cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet, add the sweet potato cubes, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You don’t have to peel the sweet potatoes, but it’s up to you.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir and cook uncovered over medium-high heat for about 10 to 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve immediately (I added some chopped fresh parsley on top) or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tbsp of oil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 297 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.9 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 1.7 g