- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 14-ounce coconut milk can (400 ml)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup diced sweet potato (265 g)
- Salt to taste
- Toppings: tofu, red cabbage, broccoli and red bell pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and the onion (diced) and cook until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I used raw veggies (red cabbage, broccoli and red bell pepper) and tofu (I cook it according to our vegan Caesar salad recipe, but you can also bake, sauté or fry the tofu).
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 357
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 28.6g
- Saturated Fat: 19.8g
- Carbohydrates: 25.5g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.4g