The best thing about fall is I can enjoy soups again, yay! I live in the south of Spain, so I think I could die if a have a soup during the summer months. I really miss summer, but I love this sweet potato coconut curry soup so much, it makes me forget it’s cold outside (well, not yet).
As I told you on Instagram, I’ve been away for a few days and when I travel I don’t eat as many fruits and veggies as I usually do because I’m not always ready and it’s hard to deal with food temptation. I haven’t been feeling well after my travel, so I decided to buy a travel blender because when I have a smoothie in the morning I feel amazing and smoothies also help me to avoid unhealthy foods. I ordered a Nutribullet online, I hope I like it!
Fortunately, I feel better now because I’ve nourished my body with super healthy foods these last two days. When I’m sick, I love to have a warm and comforting soup for dinner. This one is made with ingredients I always have in my kitchen: sweet potatoes, coconut milk, spices, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, sea salt and veggies, but feel free to use any other ingredients you’ve got on hand.
- Sweet potatoes can be replaced for white potatoes, although they cook faster.
- Feel free to use another sweetener instead of the maple syrup or even omit this ingredient.
- If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can use water instead.
- Add more or less liquid depending of the texture you want to get.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and the onion (diced) and cook until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. I used raw veggies (red cabbage, broccoli and red bell pepper) and tofu (I cook it according to our vegan Caesar salad recipe, but you can also bake, sauté or fry the tofu).
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).