- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- 1 chili or cayenne pepper or a pinch of cayenne powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce (270 grams)
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (185 grams)
- 1 cup corn kernels (150 grams)
- 1 cup cooked red beans (115 grams)
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 or 3 cups of water (500 or 750 milliliters)
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- Vegan sour cream to taste
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and cayenne pepper (chopped) and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, herbs and spices (cilantro, cumin, paprika and pepper), cooked quinoa, corn kernels, cooked red beans and 2 or 3 cups of water, making sure to cover all the ingredients. Cook for about 30 minutes over medium heat.
- When the chili is ready, add the lemon juice, stir and serve with avocado, carrot and vegan sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
- Serving Size: 1/4 de la receta (excluding vegan sour cream)
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 381.2 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8 g
- Fiber: 12.6 g
- Protein: 13 g