In summer I could live on fruit, it’s so refreshing and tastes so good! I have smoothies for breakfast almost every day because they improve my digestion and my body needs something cold and nutritious to start my day with energy. Summers in the south of Spain are really hot, so I won’t crave oatmeal until next fall.
This is one of my favorite recipes because is made with three fruits I love: strawberries, oranges and pineapple. You don’t have to use the same fruits or ingredients I do, so please feel free to make your own smoothies, they’re always delicious! If you want to know more about these delicious, healthy drinks, you should take a look at our ebook Simple Vegan Smoothies, you’ll find 31 new recipes and you’ll learn all you have to know about smoothies to make your own recipes.
What do you have for breakfast in summer? Please let us know and leave a comment bellow! ?
- Feel free to use your favorite fruits or what’s in season.
- Dates are optional, you can remove them or use any other natural sweetener, just add it gently until the smoothie is sweet enough for you.
- Use any plant milk instead of water if you want.
- Add some leafy greens to make your drink even more nutritious. Spinach is great because it doesn’t change the taste of the smoothie.
Product we used to make this recipe (affiliate link):
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (165 g)
- 1 orange
- 6 strawberries
- 2 Medjool or 4 Deglet Nour dates (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 9.2g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 12.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 0.8g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!