Here’s the first post of our healthy vegan breakfast recipes series! Smoothies are one of my favorite meals in the whole word, so when I was thinking about the recipes I wanted to make for the series, I knew I had to make a smoothie for you guys, and it’s amazing! I used my 3 favorite fruits: berries (I used strawberries), bananas and mango.
I usually have 2 to 4 cups of green smoothie for breakfast, it depends on how hungry I am, but you can make smaller or bigger smoothies, it’s up to you! When I have a smoothie in the morning, I don’t eat anything else because I eat until I’m full and I prefer not to combine fruits with other meals, only with greens and raw veggies.
Smoothies are so convenient because they’re ready in 5 minutes, you can keep them in a jar and drink them on the go. Freshly made smoothies are better, I know, but if you can’t, it’s okay to make yours the night before or when you wake up. It will lose some nutrients like vitamin C, but it’s better than a donut or any other unhealthy processed food. ?
Do you like this smoothie? Then take a look at our eBook: Simple Vegan Smoothies, 31 delicious and easy recipes for a healthier you. In Simple Vegan Smoothies you’ll find 31 totally new recipes and you’ll learn how to make your own smoothies!
- Feel free to use any berries or fruits you want.
- If you don’t like or can’t find lamb’s lettuce, use any other leafy green instead. I also love spinach because it has a neutral flavor.
- I usually use water, but if you use some vegetable milk, the smoothie will be creamier and also will taste better, especially if you’re not used to eat fruits and veggies.
- Lucuma is an optional ingredient. You can add any other superfood or just don’t add anything.
PRODUCT WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 6 small strawberries
- 1 banana
- ½ mango
- 1 handful lamb’s lettuce or your favorite leafy green
- 1 cup plant milk (250 ml)
- 1 tsp lucuma powder (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend until smooth.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!