Spicy pan-roasted almonds, made in less than 10 minutes! They’re so delicious and healthy and the perfect snack to eat on the go.
What’s up friends? We’re finally in Asia! After two extremely busy weeks, leaving our apartment, surviving two long flights and getting over jet lag, we’re back with so many new recipes for you guys.
After 3 days in Singapore, we’re in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) now. Asia is so beautiful and the food is really amazing, besides, after a long, cold winter, the weather here is like a dream!
I realized the other day that we don’t have many snack recipes on the blog, so I was looking for something simple, quick and easy to eat on the go and this recipe is just perfection. It’s ready in less than 10 minutes and these pan-roasted almonds are insanely good and also super healthy. In addition, the recipe is so simple, you can use any nuts, oils, herbs, spices or ingredients you have on hand.
As we’re travelling through South East Asia with a backpack, we don’t have any equipment, just what we find in the kitchens of the apartments we’re staying at, so recipes are going to be even simpler from now on. I have so many interesting new dishes in mind and also want to share some of the Asian recipes we’re trying during our journey.
LOOKING FOR MORE ENTRÉE RECIPES?
- Spicy roasted chickpeas
- 3-Ingredient raw cacao bites
- How to make kale chips
- Chickpea croutons
- No bake granola bars
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 cup unsalted, raw almonds (150 g)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with until well combined.
- Roast the almonds in a skillet or frying pan for about 5 minutes over medium heat or until they’re golden brown.
- They’re delicious hot and also cold, it’s up to you. Keep them in a sealed container at room temperature for up to a week.
- Feel free to use any nuts, oils, herbs or spices you want.
- For an oil-free version of this recipe, use some water or lemon juice instead.
- Serving Size: 1/16 of the recipe (1 tbsp)
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 2.3 g