My diet is pretty simple, I make super quick and easy recipes on my daily basis and cook elaborate dishes only for special occasions or on weekends.
This recipe is perfect for those days you want to cook something fancy, but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Everyone can make this rice, it tastes like heaven and you don’t have to use the same ingredients because this recipe always works. I use different veggies, spices and herbs every time I make it, but this is one of my favorite versions of this simple dish.
To make a Spanish rice you need extra virgin olive oil and lots of vegetables. We also use herbs, sweet paprika and saffron, but as it’s quite expensive I prefer to use ground turmeric instead. We also add some lemon juice when the rice is served, you should try it!
- Some people cook the rice with the rest of the veggies like it were a Spanish paella, but I prefer this simple recipe.
- If you use vegetable broth instead of water to cook the rice, it will have a more intense flavor.
- Feel free to use any other veggies, spices or herbs.
- For an oil-free recipe you can substitute the oil for water or vegetable broth.
- I don’t add any salt, but it’s up to you.
- 1/2 cup brown rice (100 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sliced cloves of garlic
- 1/2 julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans (70 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen broad beans (70 g)
- 1/2 cup frozen artichokes (70 g)
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Pepper to taste
- Lemon (optional)
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet and cook the garlic and the red bell pepper for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add the green beans, broad beans and artichokes and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add the tomato and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Last but not least, add the rice and the rest of the ingredients (except the lemon), stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve and add some lemon juice on top (optional).
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 385
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 51mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 52.9g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 9.2g
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!