- 1 clove of garlic
- 35 oz tomatoes (7 tomatoes or 1 kg)
- 3.5 oz bread (100 g)
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (165 g)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Blend the clove of garlic in a blender. I usually remove the germ, but it’s optional.
- Add the tomatoes and blend again.
- Add bread and vinegar and pulse to combine.
- Finally, add the salt and the olive oil gently with the blender turned on (if it’s possible, although it’s not necessary). Blend for about 3 minutes more until the salmorejo gets the perfect texture.
- Let stand in the fridge until it’s really cold.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 434 mg
- Fat: 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 2.8 g