- 4 cups water (1 l)
- 9 oz tiger nuts or chufas (250 g) You can use other nuts, I love almonds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- The peel of a lemon
- 4 Medjool dates or 8 Deglet Nour dates
- Soak the tiger nuts in water for 12 to 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse the tiger nuts.
- Blend them with 2 cups of water (500 ml). Place the mixture in a glass jar, add a cinnamon stick, and the peel of a lemon. Let the mixture stand in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Strain the horchata using a nut milk, a cheesecloth, or a napkin and blend it with the dates and the remaining water (2 cups or 500 ml).
- Let stand in the fridge until it’s cold.
- You can serve the horchata with some ground cinnamon on top. Feel free to add ice too.
Recipe from Danza de Fogones
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Protein: 2.6g