- 4 cups soy milk (1 liter)
- 1 teaspoon agar agar powder
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt (125 grams) or yogurt starter powder (the amount may vary, follow the package instructions)
- Preheat the oven at 50º C or 120º F.
- Pour the soy milk in a saucepan, add the agar agar, stir and heat the mixture to 90º C or 195º F, but be careful because it shouldn’t boil. You can use a thermometer, but it’s not necessary.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and let it cool to 40 or 50ºC (105º F or 120º F). If you don’t have a thermometer you can put your finger in the mixture and when it’s hot but not burn it’s ready.
- Add the starter (soy yogurt or yogurt starter powder), stir and pour the mixture into glass jars or containers.
- Turn off the oven, place the glass jars or containers (without lids) inside and let stand for at least 8 hours. You mustn’t open the oven during this process.
- Now you can cover the jars or containers and keep the yogurt in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 yogurt
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 5.6 g