- 1 pound small potatoes (450 g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF or 230ºC.
- Drain the potatoes and place them onto a lined baking sheet. Then mash them with a potato masher, a fork, or the flat bottom of a drinking glass. Press gently so you don’t break the potatoes apart.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the oil and then sprinkle with the spices (garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper). If you don’t eat oil, just omit it.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they are golden and crispy. I added some chopped fresh parsley on top, but it’s optional.
- Serve immediately. Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 81 mg
- Fat: 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 2 g