- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans (400 g), rinsed and drained
- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (800 g)
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock (1 to 1.25 liters)
- 1 and 1/2 cups canned corn kernels (300 g), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (170 g)
- 1/2 cup nutritional or brewer’s yeast (70 g)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- Fresh parsley and corn tortillas, chopped (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir, cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or until the quinoa is cooked. Add more vegetable stock if necessary.
- Serve and top with chopped fresh parsley and corn tortillas.
- Keep the vegan quinoa chili in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies, legumes, herbs and spices.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe with no toppings
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 890 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.7 g
- Fiber: 11.3 g
- Protein: 13.5 g