Super healthy vegan quinoa chili, made right in the Crock-Pot. It's so thick, filling, flavorful and the perfect bowl of comfort food!
We're so happy with our new slow cooker! It's a 5-qt Crock-Pot and we've been using it a lot lately. For those of you who don't know what a slow cooker is, it's a countertop electrical cooking appliance used to simmer at a lower temperature than other cooking methods. As it cooks at a lower temperature, the dishes are more nutritious and so flavorful.
A wide variety of savory or sweet dishes can be prepared in slow cookers, but we're so into soups and stews at the moment, like this comforting vegan quinoa chili.
Cooking in a slow cooker is incredibly easy, so this is probably one of the simplest recipe on the blog. You just need to add all the ingredients to the Crock-Pot, stir, cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours. It's the BEST quinoa chili I've ever tried!
If you like our slow cooker vegan quinoa chili, check out these quinoa recipes: quinoa tabbouleh, super satisfying quinoa chili, simple vegan quinoa salad, vegan breakfast quinoa bowl and vegan quinoa & broccoli casserole.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Slow Cooker Vegan Quinoa Chili
Super healthy vegan quinoa chili, made right in the Crock-pot. It's so thick, filling, flavorful and the perfect bowl of comfort food!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mexican
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans (400 g), rinsed and drained
- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (800 g)
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock (1 to 1.25 liters)
- 1 and ½ cups canned corn kernels (300 g), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (170 g)
- ½ cup nutritional or brewer's yeast (70 g)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne powder
- Fresh parsley and corn tortillas, chopped (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker, stir, cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or until the quinoa is cooked. Add more vegetable stock if necessary.
- Serve and top with chopped fresh parsley and corn tortillas.
- Keep the vegan quinoa chili in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Feel free to add your favorite veggies, legumes, herbs and spices.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of the recipe with no toppings
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 9.4 g
- Sodium: 890 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.7 g
- Fiber: 11.3 g
- Protein: 13.5 g
Keywords: slow cooker vegan quinoa chili, vegan quinoa chili, vegan crockpot chili