- 1/2 day-old large loaf whole wheat bread or 2 day-old small whole wheat baguettes, cubed (5 cups, 7.5 oz or 210 g)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups vegetable stock (375 ml)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Cube the bread, place the bread cubes onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sauté the onion and celery in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes. We used vegetable stock, but you can also use water, oil or vegan butter.
- Add the bread cubes, onion, celery, herbs, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the vegetable stock and mix again.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Keep the vegan stuffing in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- This dish goes well with our simple vegan gravy and vegan mashed potatoes.
- Feel free to add other veggies, fresh or dried herbs, dried fruits or nuts to the stuffing.
- Use any other type of bread you have on hand.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 584 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.3 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 7.2 g