- 2.5 oz rice Vermicelli noodles (75 g)
- 2 sliced mushrooms
- 1 julienned carrot
- 1/2 julienned red bell pepper
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped, discard the stem
- 1/4 julienned red onion
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp tapioca or corn starch
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse them and set aside.
- Steam the veggies for 5 to 10 minutes or until they’re cooked, but al dente.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (tamari, oil, water, syrup and starch) in a bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- You can sauté the veggies in a wok or frying pan with some extra olive oil. This step is optional.
- Add the veggies (if you skipped the previous step), noodles and sauce in a wok or frying pan, stir and cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Serve with some chopped fresh parsley and sesame seeds (optional).
- Store the vegan lo mein in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use any veggie, oil, sweetener or starch you want.
- If you use tahini and the sauce is too thick, add more water.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 109.9 mg
- Fat: 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 7.7 g