- 3/4 cup Basmati rice (150 g)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (35 g)
- 2.7 oz firm tofu (75 g)
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- Sea salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Cook the rice according to package directions. I recommend you to cook it the day before.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet and sauté the chopped carrot over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the peas and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the tofu in the wok/skillet with a little bit of oil for about 5 minutes. Add the turmeric powder and some salt (optional) and stir. Set aside.
- Add more oil and cook the rice for 2 minutes, add the veggies, tofu and tamari or soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes more.