- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (65 g)
- 1/4 cup water (65 ml)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak the cashews overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve it chilled with some coconut whipped cream on top. You can also add alcohol like rum, bourbon, or brandy.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for about 4-7 days. Shake well before serving (a little separation is normal).
- Although this drink is usually served chilled, you could also try and drink it warm.
- If you like it chilled, I suggest you keep it in the fridge 1 or 2 hours before serving.
- Although the cashews give the vegan eggnog a creamy texture, if you can’t eat them feel free to add 1/2 cup of coconut milk and dates instead of maple syrup to thicken the eggnog.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 255
- Sugar: 8.9 g
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Fat: 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.4 g