This was the first time we made dehydrated cookies and we loved them! When you cook or bake food, it loses some nutrients, but dehydrating food only minimally affects its nutritional value, which is great!
We’ve discovered many incredible recipes using our dehydrator, but we only try the simple ones. You can find many difficult or gourmet recipes online, but as you know, we usually make easy recipes like these cookies. You just need a food processor (or a blender), a bowl and your hands to make them, well, and the dehydrator, of course.
You can see a before and after photo below, the cookies were not as crunchy as baked cookies, but they tasted amazing and had an incredible texture. You should try them!
PRODUCTS WE USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINKS):
If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can use your oven instead. The cookies you can see in the picture above were baked and so delicious as well. Bake them to 390ºF or 200ºC for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 apples
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almonds (80 g)
- 1/2 cup dates (100 g)
- 4 cup oats (480 g)
- Wash the apples and chop them. You can peel them if you want.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor excluding the oats and blend for a few seconds. Use a blender if you don’t have a food processor.
- Place the cookie dough in a big mixing bowl, add the rest of the oats and mix with your hands. Add 2 cups of oats and blend again until well combined. Add the rest of the oats (another 2 cups) and mix using a spoon or your hands. If the dough is too wet, add more oats, if it’s too dry, add some water.
- Make the cookies using your hands. We made 1/4 inch cookies (1/2 cm).
- Place the cookies into the dehydrator trays and dehydrate to 45ºC or 113ºF for about 4 hours for one side and another 2 hours for the other side. The time may vary depending on your dehydrator or the ingredients you’re using.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!