Today I wanna share with you the best vegan muffins ever recipe. They taste like heaven and they're egg, dairy and cholesterol free, so are much healthier than regular muffins.
These delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast, but you can also eat them as a dessert or even as a snack, I could eat them all day long, I love them so much!
If you wanna make a gluten free recipe, you should read my guide to gluten free flours to make your own gluten free flour blend. Store bought gluten free flour blends are more expensive, but you can use them if you want. Spelt and rye flour are also a great wheat alternative, although they're not gluten free.
In the picture below you can see the consistency of the batter. If you use another type of flour and your batter is too thick, add more milk. If it's too watery, add more flour. You can also try the batter and add more sweetener or other ingredients if you want until it's perfect for you.
I didn't use muffin liners, I just greased a 12 cup muffin pan, but you can use them if you want. I think muffins look better without the liners and it's a cheaper and more environmentally friendly alternative. If you use a non-stick muffin pan, you don't need to grease it, but I prefer to grease mine to avoid muffins to sticking to the pan.
Scoop the batter into the muffin pan and sprinkle the top with more chocolate chips. Bake for 20 or 25 minutes and enjoy!
If you can't find the chocolate chips, use a chopped chocolate bar instead. Feel free to use the plant milk and the non refined oil you prefer (I usually use extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil). You can also substitute the coconut sugar for any other sweetener, although if you use agave or maple syrup or other liquid sweetener, maybe you'll need to add more flour.
I love to eat these super tender, satisfying and irresistible simple vegan chocolate chip muffins with homemade almond milk, but there many other plant milks and beverages you can drink. Don't forget to leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or on your favorite social network) if you make the muffins!
Simple Vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins
Best vegan chocolate chip muffins ever! They taste like heaven and they're egg, dairy and cholesterol free, so are much healthier than regular muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF and lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan with a little bit of coconut or extra virgin olive oil.
- Combine the bananas and the almond milk in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine the flour and the baking powder in a bowl. Add the banana and almond milk mixture, the rest of the ingredients (excluding the chocolate chips) and whisk. Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan (I use an ice cream scooper to scoop the batter in perfectly, but it's not necessary).
- Bake for 20 or 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan. Then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 18.8 g
- Sodium: 57.4 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.9 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
Keywords: vegan chocolate chip muffins, vegan muffins