- 3 cups red wine (750 ml)
- 2 cups orange juice (500 ml)
- The juice of one lemon
- 4 tbsp sugar, I used brown sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 peach
- Ice cubes to taste (optional)
- Pour the wine into a large pitcher.
- Chop the fruits into small pieces and add them to the pitcher. Add them right after you chop them to prevent oxidation.
- Then add the orange and lemon juice and the sugar and stir until well combined.
- You can add some ice cubes and serve the sangria immediately, but it’s best to let it stand in the fridge for at least two hours and then add some ice cubes if you want to.
- Stir right before serving and drink it by itself, serve it with vegan Spanish tortilla, Portobello steaks, or with an appetizer of vegan cheese and crackers. Feel free to drink it with any dish that calls for wine.
- Store the sangria in a closed bottle in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Use Spanish red wine if available; if not, you can also use any other kind of red wine.
- If you don’t drink alcohol, use some grape or blueberry juice instead of wine.
- Feel free to use any sweetener you have on hand.
- You can customize your sangria with your favorite fruits.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 17.1 g
- Sodium: 6.1 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.8 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 0.9 g