When I made this oil-free tahini dressing for the first time I couldn’t believe it was super healthy because it tastes really amazing, it’s even better than the creamy dressing you can find in the supermarkets. It’s my all-time favorite salad dressing and I’m obsessed with it!
You don’t have to buy store-bought salad dressings (which are full of chemicals) to enjoy a super delicious and creamy dressing and it’s ready in 2 minutes. On a daily basis, I blend the ingredients in a bowl with a spoon or a knife, but if you use a blender, the dressing will be creamier.
I used raw tahini, but traditional tahini tastes better and works great. If you add regular tahini, the dressing will be darker and less bitter.
I don’t know how long can it lasts because I make it almost every day, but if you prefer to make big batches of this dressing, keep it in the fridge in a glass jar.
Seriously, you NEED to try this!
- Add less or more water depending on the consistency you want to get.
- If you can’t eat or find nutritional yeast, you can remove this ingredient or use brewer’s yeast or beer instead of water.
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 10 romaine leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (160 g)
For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Chop the veggies and place them in a salad bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and the dressing and mix.
For the dressing:
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- You can also mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a fork or a spoon, although the dressing will be less creamy.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).