- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2–4 cloves of garlic, sliced, I used 4
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound fresh kale (450 g), chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a skillet or large pot and add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until the garlic just begins to brown, stirring frequently.
- Add the kale in batches, stirring after each addition so that it starts to wilt until all of the kale is added.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until the kale is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- If you don’t want o use oil, you could use water or vegetable stock.
- Feel free to add any spices of herbs (dried or fresh) you like or have on hand.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the red pepper flakes.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 121
- Sodium: 197 mg
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 3.6 g