Here is another Christmas recipe for you! Roasted pesto potatoes, sounds great and tastes better. I couldn't live without potatoes, they're perfect for Christmas and if you also add pesto, you have the perfect side dish. ?
If you don't have an oven, don't panic! Just boil or steam the potatoes until they're soft and then add the pesto. If you want crispy potatoes, you can sauté them in some extra virgin olive oil after steam or boil them.
I don't boil the potatoes before roasting them on my daily basis, but as this is a Christmas recipe I wanted to get the perfect roasted potatoes, crisp on the outside, but soft in the inside. They're sooo good!
Feel free to add any other sauce instead of the pesto or just add more oil, although you NEED to try this recipe, pesto and potatoes make a perfect match. ?
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
Roasted Pesto Potatoes
- 2.2 pounds small potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the pesto:
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and boil them for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish and add some extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 15 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for about 15 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp. Baking times may vary depending on your oven or the size of the potatoes.
- To make the pesto just blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the pesto, stir and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
What Can I use in place of oil?
Don’t want them to come out dry.
Btw growing your own basil is so easy and it grows more as you trim what you need. I’m sure you probably already knew that., just in case 😊
Hi Lili! I've never tried this recipe without oil, so I can't help you, sorry!
This is supposed to be a pesto, but basil isn't on the ingredients list, is that a typo or is there really no basil in the pesto?
Hi Hannah! Pesto is usually made with basil, but we use spinach sometimes because is more affordable and the pesto is also delicious 🙂
Is there a video for this? I want to make this for a christmas party on the 23rd.
Hi Root! I'm so sorry, but we haven't a video for this recipe. Happy new year!