Here is another Christmas recipe for you! Roasted pesto potatoes, sounds great and tastes better. I couldn’t live without potatoes, they’re perfect for Christmas and if you also add pesto, you have the perfect side dish. ?
If you don’t have an oven, don’t panic! Just boil or steam the potatoes until they’re soft and then add the pesto. If you want crispy potatoes, you can sauté them in some extra virgin olive oil after steam or boil them.
I don’t boil the potatoes before roasting them on my daily basis, but as this is a Christmas recipe I wanted to get the perfect roasted potatoes, crisp on the outside, but soft in the inside. They’re sooo good!
Feel free to add any other sauce instead of the pesto or just add more oil, although you NEED to try this recipe, pesto and potatoes make a perfect match. ?
PRODUCT I USED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE (AFFILIATE LINK):
- 2.2 pounds small potatoes (1 kg)
- Extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper to taste
For the pesto:
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g)
- 1 cup spinach (30 g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and boil them for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Place the potatoes into a baking dish and add some extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 15 minutes, flip the potatoes and bake for about 15 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp. Baking times may vary depending on your oven or the size of the potatoes.
- To make the pesto just blend all the ingredients in a food processor.
- When the potatoes are ready, add the pesto, stir and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!