- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas (425 g), drained and rinsed (see notes)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF or 190ºC.
- Spread the chickpeas onto a lined baking sheet and bake the chickpeas for 30 minutes
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir the chickpeas every 10 minutes, that way they will be super crispy.
- After the 30 minutes, remove from the oven, put the chickpeas into a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Stir until well mixed.
- Bake for 10-15 more minutes or until golden brown and remove from the oven.
- You can eat them hot or cold. Keep the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- It’s very important to eliminate the excess of water very well before baking the chickpeas.
- Dry the chickpeas with a dish cloth or a kitchen towel so it’s easier to eliminate the excess of water.
- Bake them alone (with no other ingredients) to make sure they get the perfect crispy texture.
- You can also use 1 and 1/2 cups of cooked chickpeas (250 g) instead of the can of chickpeas.
- Eat your roasted chickpeas as a snack, as an appetizer, add them into salads, like these vegan pasta salad or these tomato avocado salad, or serve them as a topping for your favorite soups, like this vegan cauliflower soup.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 335 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3.3 g