This is another super delicious, healthy, simple, Christmas recipe, actually, is one of the most amazing side dishes I've ever tried. Many people don't like Brussels sprouts and I think it's because they don't know how to cook them properly. If you don't like them, you should try this recipe, you're gonna love it!
Today's recipe is a great side for any main dish, is good for your body and is made with healthy ingredients that are easy to get. We've added pecans and pomegranate seeds to make this recipe even tastier and perfect for this time of the year.
We're going to post a new vegan Chistmas recipe round-up this week, so stay tuned! In the meanwhile, you could take a look at our last year post, we shared more than 60 vegan Christmas recipes. Most of them are gluten-free and everybody can make them because they're so simple.
- Feel free to use other veggies if you don't like Brussels sprouts. This recipe is also delicious using potatoes.
- Use any non refined oil, liquid sweetener, nuts or ingredients you want.
- If you don't have an oven or you don't want to use it, feel free to use a frying pan, just sautée the Brussels sprouts and the rest of the ingredients until golden brown.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate and Pecans
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- The juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoon agave syrup
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into halves and place them in a baking dish.
- Add the garlic, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Add the pecans and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Finally, add the agave syrup and the pomegranate seeds, stir and serve.
This recipe is always a winner. One thing....4 cloves of garlic on 225gram of Brussels sprouts is way too much! I used 2 gloves on 660 gram of sprouts which was still okay.
Hi Nicolette! I'm Spanish, so I add lots of garlic to everything 😛
Really interesting combination of flavours. My husband and I loved this!! Not really a fan of brussel sprouts but this gave them a whole new meaning.
Hi Valerie! So glad you and your husband enjoyed it 🙂