- 1 pound raw beets (450 g)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning, or any other dried herb like oregano or basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4–1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash, peel and dice the beets.
- Add them to a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined. If you don’t want to use oil, add any other liquid like balsamic vinegar or lemon juice.
- Place the beets onto a baking sheet (lined or not, it’s up to you) and bake for 30-40 minutes or until tender and golden brown (my beets were ready in 40 minutes).
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1/4 tsp salt.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 15.4 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.1 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Protein: 3.8 g